Chris And Connie

A blog from Chris & Connie, in Ontario, Canada. Rather than sending out unsolicited emails with updates of goings-on in our family, come check out our blog at your convenience. It also makes for an easier time sharing things, without having to remember what we've shared with who!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Picking up strangers for church . . .

Well.... this is a first. I usually pick up a lady for church at her apartment building. For some reason, I forgot that she wasn't going that day, but I saw another lady waiting in the lobby.

When she spotted me in my car outside the door, she came walking over. "O.k. - she'll see me when she gets closer, and keep walkin'... , umm... she's not stoppin'... (car door opens) uh.. Ma'am, I think somebody else will be waiting to pick you up . ." (she gets in, closes the door - that's when I notice the thick, coke-bottle glasses, waiting for us to leave).

As she leans forward to me from the back seat to see what I've been mumbling about, I see this sheer look of horror through her thick glasses to see me smiling from the front seat . . .
She was really great about the whole thing, but made a really quick exit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home